Masukkan emel anda untuk mendapatkan info dan update lebih pantas dari DrAzman.net
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Azman bin Mohd Noor is currently Deputy Dean (Academic and Student Affair) of Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, International Islamic University Malaysia. He was previously the Head of Department, Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, Kulliyyah of Islamic Revealed Knowledge and Human Sciences, International Islamic University Malaysia (April 2014-August 2015). He has been lecturing in Islamic Jurisprudence and Islamic Finance at the same department since 2005. He completed his degree in Islamic Law in 1997 at Islamic University of Madinah, Saudi Arabia. He did his MA in Islamic Criminal Law in 2000 at University Kebangsaan Malaysia (National University of Malaysia) and another MA in Muamalat (Islamic Law of Transactions) in 2001 at Department of Fiqh and Usul al-Fiqh, International Islamic University Malaysia. He obtained his Ph.D in Islamic Law in 2005 at University of Edinburgh, Scotland.
His areas of interests include Islamic law of Transactions, Islamic Banking and Capital Market, Takaful and Retakaful, Zakat Management and Calculation. He has been supervising MA and Phd students in the field of Islamic Banking and Capital Market at Department of Fiqh and Institute of Islamic Banking and Finance, IIUM since 2006.
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org. Tel: 019-2705251
CURRENT PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
1. Deputy Chairman, Shariah Board, Al-Rajhi Bank Malaysia
2. Shariah Committee Member, Bank Rakyat.
3. Chairman, Shariah Committee Am Metlife Family Takaful.
4. MQA expert panel in Muamalah and Islamic Banking.
5. Member of JAKIM Muamalat Expert Panel
6. Member of Fatwa Committee, Mufti Office of Perlis.
PREVIOUS INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE
1. Being Shariah Committee member of SME Bank (Malaysia), 2012-2014
2. Being a member of Shariah Advisory Council of Securities Commission Malaysia July 2012-July 2014.
3. Being Shariah Committee member of MNRB Retakaful 2007-2011
4. Being a Shariah consultant for a number of local and international Islamic financial institutions.
5. Developing Islamic banking products, Takaful, Retakaful and Sukuk.
6. Being a trainer for Islamic Banking and Takaful products workshops organized by IBFIM, CERTS, AMANIE and others.
7. Being a speaker at local and international level on Islamic Banking, Capital Market and Takaful.
- Capital Punishment for Drug Traffickers (Hukuman Mati ke Atas Pengedar Dadah. Bahasa Malaysia); a Comparative Study between Islamic Law and Malaysian Law, published by DBP 2002, 2005.
- An Islamic Pricing Benchmark. ISRA Research Paper (No.17/2010).
- Joint venture in Construction 2, Contract, Governance, Performance and Risk, Kiyoshi Kobayashi, et. All, ICE Publishing, London, 2012. Chapter in a book. “The Application of Build, Operate, Transfer (BOT) Contract as a Mode of Financing in Developing Waqf Land: Malaysian Experience,”
- Pelaksanaan Kanun Jenayah Shariah, Teori dan Realiti, KUIZM Publication 2014, Chapter in a book entitled “Kemampuan Penyelesaian Jenayah: Antara retorika Undang Undang Manusia dengan Shariat Allah”.
- Jenayah Rogol Dalam Undang-Undang Islam. Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka 2018.
- Concept and Application of Shariah for the Construction Industry. World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., Singapore. 2018. Chapter in a book. Hibah Mu’allaqah (Conditional Gift) and Its Application in Takaful.
Publications in Refereed Journals
- International Journals
- “How Far the Legal Rights of Rape Victim are Protected in Islamic law?” The International Journal of Humanities, Australia. vol. 6, 2008.
- “Takaful (Islamic Insurance) Benefit: Ownership and Distribution Issues in Malaysia,” The Journal of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance, vol.5, no.3, Sept-Dec. 2009.
- “A review of Shariah compliant instruments for Islamic credit cards as adopted by Malaysian Financial Institutions, International Journal of Monetary Economics and Finance, IJMEF, Vol. 2, No. 3-4 2009.
- “A Shariah Compliance Assessment for Takaful Investment Link” Journal of Islamic Economic Studies, IRTI, IDB. Vol. 17 No. 1, June, 2009.
- “Rape: A Problem of Crime Classification in Islamic Law”, Arab Law Quarterly, pg 417-438, volume 24 Part 4 2010. (Scopus).
- “The Application of Wadi‘ah Contract by Some Islamic Financial Institution in Malaysia”. International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 2 No. 3 [Special Issue – January 2011].
- “A Victim’s Claim of Being Raped is Neither a Confession to Zina nor Committing Qadhf (Making False Accusation of zina)” in Muslim World Journal of Human Rights. Berkeley Electronic Press. 2011(Scopus).
- “Imposing Zakat on Legal Entities and its Applications in Islamic Financial Institutions.” Arab Law Quarterly, 27 (2013), 71-86. Brill (Scopus).
- “Application of the Build, Operate, Transfer (bot) Contract as a Means of Financing Development of Waqf Land: Malaysian Experience”. Arab Law Quarterly, Volume 28, Issue 2, 2014. ISSN: 0268-0556. (Scopus)
- “Build, Operate and Transfer (BOT) contract and its Models from a Shariah Perspective”, Arab Law Quarterly 28 (2014) 366-391. (Scopus)
- Local Journals
- “The rights of Rape Victim in Islamic Law”, IIUM Law Journal, International Islamic University Malaysia. vol.16, No.1, 2008.
- “Hukuman Mati Mandatori: Satu Analisis menurut Pengalaman undang-undang Malaysia dan Syariah” Malaysian Journal of Law and Society, University Kebangsaan Malaysia, vol.12, 2008.
- “Prosecution of Rape with a Special Reference to Pakistan Hudood Laws.” IIUM Law Journal, International Islamic University Malaysia. vol.16, No.2, 2008.
- “Interpreting and Understanding the Command of God: A Review on the Authority of Sunnah in the case of Stoning to Death for a Convicted Adulterer.” Journal of Shariah, University Malaya, Special Edition 2008-3.
- “Bay‘ al-Inah and Tawarruk as a device for Islamic Credit Card” USIM Journal of Muamalat, vol.1 2009.
- “Punishment for Rape in Islamic Law”, Malayan Law Journal, Lexis Nexis, Sept-Oct 2009.
- “Stoning for Adultery in Christianity and Islam and its implementation in contemporary Muslim societies.” Intellectual Discourse, International Islamic University Malaysia, 2010.
- “Takaful: Analisa ke Atas Konsep dan Aqad”, Jurnal Muamalat Jakim 2010
- “Penyalahgunaan Dadah dan Kewajaran Peruntukan Hukuman Berat ke Atas Penagih dan Pengedar Dadah di Malaysia Menurut Perspektif Shariah. Jurnal PEMADAM, 2011.
- “Penyalahgunaan Dadah dan Kewajaran Peruntukan Hukuman Mati ke Atas Pengedar di Malaysia: Satu Analisa.” Jurnal of Fiqh, University of Malaya 2010.
- “Pelaksanaan Aqad BOT Untuk Membangunkan Tanah Waqaf: Satu Kajian ke Atas Projek MAIWP.” Jurnal Syariah Jakim.2011.
- Aplikasi Tanazul dan Isu-isu Syariah dalam Sukuk Berasaskan Kontrak Ekuiti. Jurna. Jurnal Muamalat, Jakim, Bil.8 2015/2016H.
- Penilaian Hukum Syarak Terhadap Beberapa Skim Pelaburan Emas. Jurnal Muamal Jakim, Bil.9 2016/1438H.
- Skim Perlindungan Manfaat Takaful dan Insurans (TIPS) dan Penerapannya oleh Perbadanan Insurans Deposit Malaysia (PIDM). Jurnal Muamal Jakim, Bil.9 2016/1438H.
- Shariah Issues in Gold Trading and Gold Related Scam Schemes. Al-Shajarah, Journal of Islamic Thought and Civilization of International Islamic University Malaysia, Special Issue Islamic Banking and Finance, 2017.